Friday 9 May 2008

It's not food, but hey, it's a post.


I haven't miraculously done any blog-worthy cookery in the last 15 minutes or so, but I will fulfill my promise of posting a "before" picture. This was taken over the Easter holidays, in Keswick (The Lake District) where I spent a lovely 2 weeks with my boyfriend. As you can see, rainy days are well catered for in Keswick...

Hopefully, before too long, I will be able to post a slimmer version.


You might as well have a couple more photos, for acquantaince's sake, but I'll try and make them at least slightly food or drink related...


So, it was my 21st birthday party, and someone gave me an absinthe shot, which probably wasn't the wisest of plans, considering how many cocktails I had already had. I couldn't down it. I think I even gave some of it away. Oh alcohol, how you taunt me.



I went to the USA over Easter as well. It's the first time I've been over the pond (well, other than going to Chile, but that's South America so..) I went with my boyfriend and his mum to visit his brother, who was working as a ski instructor at Loon Mountain, Lincoln, New Hampshire. This was taken at The Common Man Inn, and it was incredibly yummy, and incredibly filling. I swear, I could not move after our three course meal. I could hardly even walk back to the apartment. So...much...food. Anyway, if you're ever in the New Hampshire area, I guess I'd recommend The Common Man - delicious, and friendly service!


I admit it, I'm a crazy mad chorus girl who spends her spare time singing Gilbert and Sullivan oprettas. This was Ruddigore, our latest show. Our next show will be The Mikado, in February 2009.

Oh, and it's done - I have joined the Daring Bakers.

No comments: